Our amazing team of volunteers are part of the bigger family of people dedicated to making the festival a truly enjoyable experience for all our guests.
Our amazing team of volunteers are part of the bigger family of people dedicated to making the festival a truly enjoyable experience for all our guests. Just some of the many roles our volunteers are involved in include:
- Festival Shuttle drivers – drivers for our festival shuttle, helping our invited filmmakers, VIPs and interstate guests get from QT Hotel to our hub at HOTA, Home of the Arts and to other venues.
- Movie Locations Tour assistants – Assisting with the Movie Locations Tours by checking in guests, guiding the groups at stops, answering questions and generally making sure guests have a great time!
- REELLife Industry Event assistants – Managing door lists and check-ins for industry seminars and events, guiding industry speakers to events, setting up waters and making sure tech is ready to go
- Guest services –providing assistance for festival guests and VIPs at the GCFF information booth by answering questions, suggesting films, booking tickets
- Survey team – Surveying guests about their experience at the Festival and inputting survey results
- Ushers – Greeting and escorting film and media guests to events and/or screenings
- Major event assistants – setting up and packing down major events, setting up theming, checking in guests, packing lanyards, getting drinks for guests, placing flyers on seats, packing VIP gift bags
- Virtual Reality assistants – Assisting with testing VR equipment, teaching guests to use the equipment and providing a great experience for first-time and seasoned VR guests.
Our volunteers commit to completing at least 2 x 4 hour shifts across the festival. Festival volunteers will receive a crew member shirt as well as one Admit 1 ticket to a film for every 4 hour shift completed.
Registrations for Gold Coast Film Festival 2021 will open in January.