Volunteer registrations have now closed for the Gold Coast Film Festival 2019.
Our amazing team of volunteers are part of the bigger family of people dedicated to making the festival a truly enjoyable experience for all our guests.
We are seeking volunteers to be involved in the 17th annual Gold Coast Film Festival from 3-14 April 2019 across our Gold Coast venues.
Just some of the many volunteer roles this year will include:
- Festival Shuttle drivers – helping our invited filmmakers, VIPs and interstate guests get from QT Gold Coast to our hub at HOTA, Home of the Arts.
- Movie Locations Tour volunteers – Assisting with the Movie Locations Tours by checking in guests, guiding the groups at stops, answering questions and generally making sure guests have a great time! (Must have availability on Saturday 6, Sunday 7 and Saturday 13 April).
- REELlife Manager and REELLife Assistant – Managing door lists and check-ins for industry seminars and events, guiding industry speakers to events, setting up waters and making sure tech is ready to go (Must have availability on April 6, 7, 12, 13 & 14)
- Guest services –providing assistance for festival guests and VIPs at the GCFF information booth
- Survey team – Surveying guests about their experience at the Festival and inputting survey results
- Ushers – Greeting and escorting film and media guests to events and/or screenings
- Festival runners – getting drinks for guests, set up event spaces, placing flyers on seats, packing VIP gift bags
- Tech and gaming gurus – Assisting with tech checking VR equipment, teaching guests to use the equipment and providing a great experience for first-time and seasoned VR guests. Must be available Friday 12 (afternoon/evening), Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 April.
- Blind Cinema assistant – assisting with kids workshops and performance screenings for our new Blind Cinema experience. Must be available Thursday 11, Friday 12 and Saturday 13 April.
GCFF prides itself on its high level of professionalism and commitment to customer service.
Our volunteers commit to completing at least 2 x 4 hour shifts across the festival. Festival volunteers will receive a crew member shirt as well as one Admit 1 ticket to a film for every 4 hour shift completed.
Information sessions for new volunteers will take place on Monday 11th March, 6-7pm and Tuesday 12 March, 9.30-10.30am at HOTA, Home of the Arts.
Registrations close March 11th, 2019.
Volunteers are the the heart of the festival, so register today to become a part of the Gold Coast Film Festival volunteer team!