Period: November – April
Contract Fee: $15k
The Gold Coast Film Festival is one of Queensland’s biggest Film Festivals and now entertains over 19,000 people annually.
The Gold Coast Film Festival brings diverse Australian and International films, filmmakers and screen events to the Gold Coast, enhancing the city’s cultural reputation, driving tourism and delivering economic impact to the region.
We are seeking a contract programmer for our 2020 festival who has experience programming films and working with distributors and filmmakers.
You’ll have a great deal of creative licence, choosing approximately 40 feature films that will appeal to our audience and will attract new audiences. You’ll be an integral part of the GCFF team and have the support of a Festival Coordinator to assist with programming administration and a Technical Coordinator to assist with DCP freight and testing.
You’ll have an in-depth knowledge of films and have your finger on the pulse of new Australian and International cinema and will be able to write compelling copy about the films you program.
We’re looking for a contractor that is comfortable delivering to deadlines. The final deadline for programming is mid February, with key programming periods traditionally in late November and then from mid January to the end of February.
This contract role can fit around your other contracts/roles and you can be based anywhere; however, we will give preference to Queensland-based contractors. The GCFF has an office at HOTA, Home of the Arts that you are welcome to work from January – April 2020.
- Curate up to 40 films for the 2020 Festival, with flexibility to create strands and program spotlights
- View/select feature film submissions on FilmFreeway, negotiate film agreements with distributors, sales agents and filmmakers, within the programming budget, by final deadline in mid-February
- Attend Team Programming weekend 7-8 February to arrange film schedule/timetabling across multiple cinema venues to best appeal to audiences
- Work with our Technical Coordinator to ensure that films are freighted, delivered and tested for the Festival
- Deliver film related content (copy, images, trailers) for use in marketing materials, website, program and social media.
- Be on site for the Festival between 15-26 April 2020 to meet and host film guests, moderate Q&As, present/speak on behalf of the festival, brief moderators as required and participate in a limited number of program-specific media interviews
- Work with CEO to acquit/account each film screening to distributors
Send your Expression of Interest to CEO/Festival Director Lucy Fisher on firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 October 2019.