Period: December 2019 – 30 April, 2020
Contract Fee: $15k
The Gold Coast Film Festival is one of Queensland’s biggest Film Festivals and now entertains over 19,000 people annually.
The Gold Coast Film Festival brings diverse Australian and International films, filmmakers and screen events to the Gold Coast, enhancing the city’s cultural reputation, driving tourism and delivering economic impact to the region.
We are seeking a contract Industry Manager for our 2020 festival (15 – 26 April 2020) who has experience liaising with talent and securing guests for events.
The role involves approaching and liaising with Australian screen industry professionals (or their representatives) to attend Gold Coast Film Festival as speakers, moderators, jury members or as award recipients.
Additionally the role involves planning and managing the speaker-led screen industry and schools screen education panels and workshops during the festival.
We’re looking to work with someone who has experience in a similar role and can confidently liaise with industry talent, brief speakers, greet guests and ensure all our industry guests have a positive experience at the Gold Coast Film Festival.
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be highly organized, dependable and most importantly – personable and able to make our industry guests feel looked after.
You will be able to utilize the support of our Festival Coordinator to book and manage guest travel and transport logistics and Event Intern to assist with event planning, plus a large team of GCFF volunteers for on-the-ground event support.
This contract role can fit around your other contracts/roles and you can be based anywhere; however, we will give preference to Queensland-based contractors. The GCFF has an office at HOTA, Home of the Arts that you are welcome to work from January – April 2020.
You’ll need to be based on the Gold Coast for all festival events and have your own transport.
- Approach, confirm and brief industry speakers, moderators, keynote speakers, and award recipients for various events across the festival
- Coordinate communication between various juries and award committees
- Liaise with keynote speakers/guests (and their representatives) on travel, publicity, approvals
- Liaise with Chauvel host/moderator to obtain any necessary collateral (photos, film to screen) and rights to screen at event and oversee the edit of material.
- Facilitate a pitching event, coordinating guests, schedule and content
- Run all industry panels (20) and work with speakers/presenters/workshop facilitators to deliver engaging events
- Liaise with Festival Coordinator to book travel for all speakers
- Attend all industry events to greet/brief guests and ensure smooth-running between 15-26 April 2020
- Provide a brief end-of-festival report on event activities for acquittals
To express interest in this contract role, please email Lucy Fisher on email@example.com by 30 October 2019.