Work With Us: Festival Coordinator, Gold Coast Film Festival
- Full time
- $47,574 + super
- Based at HOTA – Home of the Arts, Bundall
Do you have a passion for events and audience engagement?
The Gold Coast Film Festival brings diverse Australian and International films, filmmakers and screen events to the Gold Coast, enhancing the city’s cultural reputation, driving tourism and delivering economic impact to the region.
We’re looking for a Festival Coordinator to help us deliver the festival and year-round events and support audiences and talent through fantastic cinematic and screen culture experiences.
We’re looking for a highly organised person with exceptional attention to detail. Our Festival Coordinator will be responsible for handling the logistics of the festival program and other events, and delivering marketing content to tight deadlines. It’s fast-paced, but you will be part of a small creative and supportive team.
The GCFF is a not-for-profit organisation, based out of an office at HOTA – Home of the Arts, the festival’s venue partner.
The Festival Coordinator will support the Festival Director to facilitate the artistic vision of the Festival and key tasks include:
- Support the Festival Director in delivery of the 2022 Gold Coast Film Festival
- Managing guest travel and accommodation for talent and guests
- Liaise with film distributors to secure screenings and licenses
- Liaise with other team members and event staff, including suppliers, technicians, and volunteers to ensure efficient event delivery
- Prepare event venues
- Support audience enquiries
- Support the implementation of the GCFF marketing strategy through key communication – eDMs, social media, and website updates
- Research and identify new opportunities for audience engagement and brand awareness
- Write copy for screenings and events as required
- Invoice tracking and financial administration
The Festival Coordinator will be a passionate and innovative professional, with knowledge of event production and marketing industry. They will also have:
- At least 2 years relevant experience working in cultural festivals, arts or events organisations
- Demonstrated experience in events delivery
- An excellent eye for detail and the ability to follow through on administrative tasks
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and proofreading skills and demonstrated experience writing interesting and effective marketing copy
- Deadline oriented with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong time management skills, organised, efficient, priority orientated and ability to work in a fast-paced role
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be comfortable in a fast-paced role
Ideally, our festival coordinator will also have:
- Experience engaging with community organisations or special interest groups
- Experience managing a small team of employees, contractors, interns or volunteers
- Enthusiasm for Gold Coast/Queensland arts and culture festivals and/or an interest in Queensland screen industry and the wider film industry
The contract will be starting ASAP and run until 30 June 2022. Remuneration is $47,574 + super per annum.
Applications close 8am Friday 14 May and interviews will be held 19-21 May.
If you are interested in this job, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.