- Contract role
- Period: 2 January – 9 May
The Gold Coast Film Festival brings diverse Australian and International films, filmmakers and film events to the Gold Coast, enhancing the city’s cultural reputation, driving tourism and delivering economic impact to the region. Established in 2002 and held annually in April, the festival entertained a record 15,300 people in 2017.
We are seeking a contract Event Producer for our 2018 festival who has experience creating and managing events.
Whether it’s a beach film screening for 2000 people, our opening night red carpet or a fancy film industry lunch, you’ll be able to create run sheets, arrange catering, book equipment, schedule volunteers, brief photographers and add creative budget-friendly theming and work to ensure our partners and attendees are happy and have a great experience.
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be creative, highly organized and calm under pressure. You will be part of the core GCFF team and have the support of an Event Intern and large team of GCFF volunteers.
This is a contract role that can easily fit around other contracts/roles, with the key periods of activity in January/February (before program deadline at the end of February) and during April. You can choose to work remotely or from our team office at the Arts Centre Gold Coast.
You’ll need to be based on the Gold Coast (or able to travel here at your own expense) and be available for all festival events 17th – 29th April 2018.
- Management of GCFF events including Gold Coast Movie Locations Tours, Women in Film Lunch, Opening Night, Outdoor film screenings and Floating Cinema
- Liaise with event partners and attend meetings and recces during planning
- Assess requirements and order props/equipment/screens/catering/signage for each event working within allocated budgets
- Book entertainment and create theming for each event
- Manage Event Interns to provide administration or on-the-ground support as necessary
- Liaise with our Volunteer Coordinator to schedule volunteers to staff events
- Produce detailed event run sheets
- Alongside CEO, prepare risk assessments for events
- Attend events and ensure smooth-running
To express interest in this contract role, please email Lucy Fisher on email@example.com by Saturday 9th December 2017.