PKF Gold Coast is continuously engaged in assisting producers and other professionals in the film and television industry with reporting and compliance obligations, as well as assisting clients to meet the demands of investors, lenders and the regulatory agencies. Here at PKF we seek to foster and aid the growth of the Australian film and television industry through working together with all types of projects, from small local productions to large scale international blockbusters.
With the likelihood of international travel still up in the air, now more than ever is the time to think local and utilise the funding available from the Federal, State and local funding bodies. Funding comes at all levels of the production through development, production, completion and distribution. We are here every step of the way in providing you with guidance on meeting eligibility criteria or understanding the offset and rebate guidelines given by the funding agencies. As an example, various rebates require provisional approval before the commencement of the project, this is something that producers should be aware of as this is a crucial step in obtaining funding for your project.
The guidelines which govern these offsets and rebates can at times leave room for interpretation. Our team has extensive knowledge and the local experience needed to navigate through these grey areas and provide you with the best possible service and advice. We have strong relations with local State and Federal contacts to help facilitate the interpretation of the ambiguous areas of the guidelines.
Engaging a competent business advisor is an absolute essential for all producers and directors, whether their production is a small locally produced feature film, or a large scale blockbuster production.
Our office has had prior experience across the following audits:
- Screen Australia Producer Offset
- Department of Communications and the Arts Location Offset
- Department of Communications and the Arts Post, Digital and Visual Effects (PDV) Offset
- Screen Queensland Production Attraction Incentive
- Screen Queensland Post, Digital, VFX (PDV) Incentive
- Queensland State Payroll Tax Rebate
- South Australian Film Corporation Post-Production, Digital and Visual Effects Rebate
- Film Victoria Post-Production, Digital and Visual Effects (PDV) Grant
- Screen New South Wales Post, Digital, VFX (PDV) Incentive
- Screen New South Wales Production Incentive
- Screen Australia Production Audits
- QAPE Opinion as required for Screen Queensland Revolving Film Finance Fund (RFFF)
- Screen Australia Official Co-Productions
- Statutory audits of SPV’s and preparing financial statements
Other areas where we assist in determining eligibility or setting up companies:
- Gold Coast Film Attraction Incentive
- Review of production services agreements
- Assisting with technical questions surrounding particular guidelines
- Connecting clients with the PKF Gold Coast tax team who can assist with setting up the SPV, tax returns, BAS lodgements etc
At PKF we aim to work alongside you as a holistic team across different areas of expertise to provide you and your project with the best possible service. Our firm has over 10 years of experience in the film and television industry and are continuously monitoring the industry and keeping up to date with relevant requirements and guidelines. We hope that we can be some of the friendly faces behind your next successful production!