GOLD COAST FILM FESTIVAL IS NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR 2018!
You’ve put blood, sweat, tears and money into your short or feature film, and now it’s time to build your film’s profile and find audiences.
The Gold Coast Film Festival brings diverse Australian and International films, filmmakers and film events to the Gold Coast.
In 2017, we became an AACTA-Award qualifying film festival for feature films.
Our location is one with a heritage of filmmaking, with international filmmaking introduced on the Gold Coast in the late 1980’s. Fast-forward to 2017 and major international films Unbroken, Pirates of the Caribbean, Thor: Rangarok and Aquaman have chosen the Gold Coast’s incredible locations and highly competent crew to shoot their multi-million dollar films.
SIPFest transforms Surfers Paradise beach into a vibrant and unique cinema, delivering a unique outdoor film experience like no other in Australia. With sand below and stars above, the crowd will be captivated by 10 minute cinematic masterpieces by emerging filmmakers from around the country.
Thrillers, dramas, comedy, documentary and more of a (guide) classification ‘M’ or below will be judged by a panel of industry experts and awarded $8,000 in prizes. The audience can also cast their vote on the night for the people’s choice award.
SIPFest 2018 will run on the famous Surfers Paradise beachfront, Sunday April 22, 2018
If you have a short film under 10 minutes produced in the last two years, enter it into SIPFEST 2018.
Find out more about SIPFest 2018 here.
WHY SUBMIT TO THE GOLD COAST FILM FESTIVAL?
- AACTA-Award Qualifying Film Festival for Features
- We look after indie filmmakers and will try wherever possible to fly selected cast/crew in and accommodate you.
- You can take part in professional development through relevant, useful and engaging Q&As, panels and workshops – in 2017, we offered industry panels and over 150 guest speakers, panellists or moderators, including Aquaman EP Rob Cowan, Dressmaker producer Sue Maslin, actress/producer Claudia Karvan and many more!
- Opportunities to make valuable connections with Queensland, national and international industry guests
- SIPFEST offers some great cash prizes – $8000
- For the first time in 2018, we’ll be awarding the Peer Award for the Best Australian Indie Film. Thanks to The Green Room app, the winner will receive $500 in cash!
We highly encourage entries from films with female creative leads. We deliver a program that supports equality with a commitment to having 50% women speakers across the festival, all films rated by the Bechdel Test and Australia’s first film festival childcare offering.
If you would like to speak to any filmmakers who have screened at GCFF in the past, please let us know – we’d be happy to put you in touch.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW?
We only accept submissions digitally through FilmFreeway, not on physical media (DVD/hard drive).
Even if you don’t have a film to submit to Gold Coast Film Festival this year, attending the festival is a fantastic way to acquire valuable experience and knowledge, meet collaborators, learn from experts and get inspired! Our REELLIFE seminars and panels present varied topics and are intimate to ensure you get a chance to chat with the speakers.