Competition Terms & Conditions
This Gold Coast Film Festival Promotion is offered subject to the terms and conditions set out below “Terms and Conditions”.
Who can enter?
Entry is only available to residents of Australia who are aged 18 years or older.
How to Enter
2. Entrants must vote for the Screensland People’s Choice Award and complete the online entry form.
3. The promotion ends 12pm (AEST) Monday 6thJuly 2020.
4. Winner drawn Thursday 9thJuly 2020.
The prize is a “Festival Package” which consist of, and is only redeemable for the following;
• One night’s accommodation in an Ocean King room at QT Gold Coast up to the value of $300 between 14 – 26 April 2021.
o The customer is liable for any costs above this value
• Two tickets to a film screening during the 2021 Gold Coast Film Festival (14 – 25 April 2021). Film screening to be chosen and booked by 30 March 2021.
Terms and Conditions
1. There is one Festival Package to be won over the period of the competition.
- The total Festival Package retail prize value is approximately $400 (AUD).
- The Festival Package is offered by Gold Coast Film Festival (“Gold Coast Film Festival”).
- The Festival Package is available for use only by Australian residents over the age of 18.
- The Festival Package cannot be redeemed or exchanged for any other form of travel services.
- This is a single-use Festival Package. Any un-used portion of the Package is forfeited and is not redeemable for cash or other forms of credit.
- Notification and claiming the Prize. Following the Prize draw, the winner will be notified using the contact details provided by the Entrant. The winning Entrant has 48 hours from the time and date of the notification being sent to respond, provide proof of eligibility and claim the Prize. If the Prize is not claimed by the winning Entrant within this time frame, the Prize will be redrawn and any previous winners will forgo all claims to the Prize.
- The Festival Package is only valid from 14 – 26 April 2021. Travel must be concluded by the Expiry Date.
- All bookings are subject to availability at the time of booking and at the hotels discretion depending on level of occupancy. All applicable booking terms and conditions apply of the Accommodation Supplier.
- This Festival Package will be deemed fully used once a qualifying booking has been made and confirmed to be available. The Festival Package will not be reinstated, refunded or replaced, even in the event that the reservation is cancelled or changed.
- Changes or Cancellation may incur charges from the Accommodation Supplier. The customer is responsible to pay any such charges and The Festival Package cannot be applied to any additional costs associated with changes or cancellations to the original booking requested by the customer.
- There is no residual value and no credit will be issued if the booking amount is less than the Festival Package amount.
- The customer may add services or stay additional nights, however the customer is responsible for any additional costs.
- To redeem the Festival Package, email the Gold Coast Film Festival team and advise them in the email you have a Festival Package to redeem.
- The Festival Package is not transferable, exchangeable, replaceable or refundable for cash or credit and can only be used as specified.
- All taxes, fees, charges and surcharges applicable to the booking, including, without limitation, extra person, phone, parking and other charges are applicable to your reservation, and this Festival Package cannot be applied to them. These charges must be paid at the time the reservation is confirmed or to the hotel property directly and are the responsibility solely of the customer.
- Terms and conditions of this offer are as written and cannot be changed by any representation of any unauthorized person, including employees of Gold Coast Film Festival
- Festival Package is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- If you have any questions about the Festival Package, please email email@example.com
- Proof of age and residency may be required to claim the prize and is at the discretion of Gold Coast Film Festival
- Gold Coast Film Festival reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without notice and at any stage during the promotion.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”) and New Zealand. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Gold Coast Film Festival (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Gold Coast Film Festival (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Gold Coast Film Festival’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Gold Coast Film Festival) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Gold Coast Film Festival; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- Gold Coast Film Festival collects claimants’/entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the claimant/entrant may not be able to participate in the promotion. Gold Coast Film Festival will not disclose this information to anyone other than contractors who provide services to Gold Coast Film Festival for the purposes of conducting this promotion unless compelled or permitted by law. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. As per the relevant Privacy Legislation, a request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Privacy Officer of Gold Coast Film Festival.