We are hiring a Marketing and Design Coordinator
- Full time fixed term (16 weeks) January – April
- $44,000 per annum prorated + super
- Based at HOTA – Home of the Arts, Bundall
The Gold Coast Film Festival brings diverse Australian and International films, filmmakers and screen events to the Gold Coast. In 2019, we entertained an audience of over 19,000 with 100+ films, panels, parties and events across 14 locations.
We’re looking for a marketing and design coordinator to help us market the festival and find new audiences for our unique cinematic experiences, screen industry panels, world cinema, gala premieres and more.
We’re looking for a highly organised person with exceptional attention to detail. Our marketing coordinator will be responsible for designing and delivering marketing materials and content to tight deadlines. It’s fast-paced, but you will be part of a small creative and supportive team.
- Deliver planned advertising and marketing activities
- Design all printed and digital material for the festival including: cinema holding screens, sponsor logo blocks, print advertising, online adverts, program cover, online gif adverts, social media tiles, banners, pull up banners, flyers and brochures
- Develop materials in line with the brand identity
- Update website with film copy and images (WordPress)
- Use Mailchimp to design and write copy for e-newsletters and event invites
- Copywrite for festival program and website when required
- Manage the storage and labelling of large amount of photos, logos and copy for every film and every event
- Book planned advertising with suppliers
- Meet all advertising delivery deadlines
- Coordinating the design, printing and delivery of on-site signage
- Coordinate the distribution and delivery of marketing materials, including posters and programs
- General marketing administration
- Assisting with event admin / festival duties during the festival (14-25 April)
- Ad hoc marketing and event duties as required
The Marketing Coordinator will be a passionate and innovative professional, with knowledge of the marketing industry and design techniques. They will also have:
- At least 2 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience designing and coordinating advertising, printed and digital materials
- Demonstrated experience using MailChimp
- Experience in any of the following programs: WordPress, Excel, Filemaker, Adobe, InDesign/Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and proofreading skills
- Strong time management skills, organised, efficient, priority orientated
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be comfortable in a fast-paced role
- No holidays planned in the contract period
Ideally, our marketing coordinator will also have:
- Experience engaging with community organisations or special interest groups
- Enthusiasm for film/screen culture or cultural festivals
This role will report to the Festival Director and start Wednesday 6th January and finish Tuesday 27th April.
Applications close 8am, Monday 14 December and interviews will be held 17th-18th December.