* Applications have now closed for this postition*
Do you want to create inspiring experiences by sharing local and international screen stories with audiences?
This is an opportunity to lead one of the Gold Coast’s key cultural events and the largest film festival in Queensland.
Gold Coast Film Fantastic is a not-for-profit organisation that produces the annual Film Festival and a year round screen program.
The Gold Coast Film Festival brings diverse Australian and International films, filmmakers and screen events to the Gold Coast, enhancing the city’s cultural reputation, driving tourism and delivering economic impact to the region.
The Festival has gone through a period of significant growth and last year entertained an audience of almost 20,000.
The Gold Coast is one of Australia’s leading filmmaking destinations and the Gold Coast Film Festival supports this by promoting emerging Australian filmmakers and creating educational and professional development opportunities for screen industry practitioners.
Year round, Gold Coast Film Festival supports the local screen industry and delivers Australian screen culture through events, screenings and Q&As.
The Gold Coast Film Festival is a registered charity and not-for-profit, based at HOTA – Home of the Arts, the Festival’s venue partner.
The Festival Director will report to the Board of Directors and key tasks include:
- Deliver the business/strategic plan which facilitates the artistic vision of Company and Festival
- Manage, execute and evaluate company budget, payroll and ATO obligations
- Develop and manage relationships with government funding bodies, sponsors and screen industry bodies
- Apply for grant funding and secure and maintain corporate sponsorships including completing acquittals and reviews
- Represent the Company and Festival at events, speaking opportunities and as media spokesperson
- Develop a program of screenings and events year-round to maintain the Festival’s audience connection and support the local screen industry
- Deliver a monthly report at Board meetings
Gold Coast Film Festival
- Stage the annual Festival in April 2021, including developing the program of screenings and events
- Guide the curation process with Programming Manager
- Manage a team of approximately 10 employees, contractors, interns and approximately 30 volunteers to deliver the Festival
- Develop and oversee risk assessments and planning for the Festival
- Oversee Festival guest management
- Develop and manage ticket sales, marketing and advertising of the Festival
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience in festival, arts or film industries
- 3+ years managerial experience
- Strong financial literacy and ability to manage budgets
- Demonstrated fundraising skills and ability to identify, secure and manage financial and in-kind partnerships
- Demonstrated high level project management or event management skills
- Experience leading and motivating small teams
- High level verbal and written communication skills including public speaking experience
- High level networking and relationship management skills
- Experience in the development and implementation of strategic business plans
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated experience in organisational resourcefulness
- A passion for film and screen stories – personal curating experience is not necessarily required
The successful candidate will implement the Festival Strategic Vision in April 2021 and have the opportunity to make their mark and shape the direction of the 2022 Festival and beyond. The successful candidate can commence immediately with an initial contract until 31 July 2021 with an extension by mutual agreement. Remuneration package commences at $80,000 plus super and bonus structure per annum.
Applications for Festival Director are now open. Applications close 9am Wednesday 21 October, 2020.
To apply, please email a cover letter and CV to Sue-Anne Chapman, Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.